Friday, March 8, 2013

Easter Egg Whoopie Pies

During most holidays once I'm done decorating everyone else's cookies I don't eel like making more for my own family, we usually end up with chocolate chip cookies.

Todays post was inspired by these cupcakes, I wanted to get the design on the batter but still have frosting which is a must for my family. I had planned on making the pink dot version for Valentine's day but I ran out of time. I still wanted to try my idea and needed a new twist for Easter, this is what I came up with.


Here is the link to the recipe I used, I followed it exactly and it was very good. The only thing I would mention is to make sure you puree the banana very well since it will be passing through the pipping tip. I put one spoonful of the batter in separate bowls to mix in the colours, which I then put in piping bags.

The kids were thrilled with both how they looked and tasted, enjoy!