Saturday, August 24, 2013

How to make a bassinet cake - Beginner cake project

Today's cake project is an easy one, the actual decorating time is approximately 30 minutes. If you anticipate being pressed for time I suggest baking and frosting the cake in advance and then placing it in the freezer until you are ready to decorate. The whole cake can be decorated before it has time to thaw and then returned to the freezer. 

I suggest taking it from the freezer to the refrigerator the night before your party then to room temperature that morning.

Watch my complete bassinet cake video tutorial here.

Here is my buttercream recipe.

For this cake you will need the following supplies:

I googled the 406 Wilton piping tip with little success, I found this one if you want  to check it out.  406 piping tip link.