Monday, March 7, 2016

Making Cupcake Madeleine Cookies

Today I'm trying a recipe for the first time, Madeleine cookie were a favourite of mine as a child but I've never attempted them myself. I was looking at the cake pan and found they looked like cupcakes and so I've decided to decorate them to look like exactly that. You can watch the detailed step-by-step tutorial by clicking the video:


Recipe for Lemon Madeleines

Ingredients

3/4 cups (180 ml) all-purpose flour

1/4 tsp (1ml) baking powder

1/4 tsp (1ml) salt

2 eggs

1/2 (125 ml) sugar

zest of 1 lemon

1/2 cup (125ml) unsalted, melted & cooled room temperature

Preheat oven to 350 F degrees

Preparation

Zest the lemon and set aside
Sift your dry ingredients flour, baking powder & salt
Whisk in a separate bowl the eggs, sugar, lemon zest
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine once mixed pour in the butter and mix again until well combined.

Place batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or 5-10 minutes in the freezer
Prepare your cake pan I used cooking spray but you can use more melted butter (you can dust in flour if pan tents to stick)

Fill each cavity 3/4  up with the batter (I used a cookie scoop).
Bake for 8 - 12 minutes (depending on your oven and how big your Madeleine's are)
Once baked remove from pan and set on a cooling rack.
The batter will keep uncooked for 3 - 4 days in the refrigerator, Madeleines are best when eaten the day they are baked

I hope you give these easy & delicious cookies a try, see you next time.

Marlyn